Well, my first self made christmas gift is cooked: tangerine jam Carolyn style.
- 1 kgs tangerines (peel and mix with a mixer or blender)
- 1 lemon (peel in thin cut strips and 1/2 juice)
- ca. 30 g fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 dl Amaretto
- 1 kgs sugar (jelly sugar)
- cinnamon and cardamom powder, if you like some black pepper or chili
- some half cut pistachio
cook all for about 3-5 min. until it bubbles.
Put well washed glasses and screw caps in boiling water.
look out of your kitchen window into the winter world, and smile at the contrast to the sunny colour in your pan.
Cut down the heat and the foam will disappear. Fill the very hot jam in the well drained glasses.
Swivel the caps in some alcohol like Kirsch or Vodka to sanitize and fill the glasses up to the edge before putting the caps on. Turn the hot glasses and let cool in order to create a vacuum.
At the end all you need is a nice lable (or you use the one I made – with a beautiful painting of Susanne Strefel ) to stick on the glasses.
En Guete (with whatever remains)